Push notifications enable you to stay in touch with your attendees throughout the festival. You can send them unlimited messages like weather alerts, autograph signing sessions, schedule changes, etc. NB. We don't actually recommend sending unlimited messages to your users. A good rule of thumb is to think whether you would like to receive as many notifications as you've planned on your device when you were at a festival! You don't want to risk users switching off their notifications and then missing out on really important information that you have to share.
If you have chosen the scheduled and targeted push option in your plan, you can organise your messages ahead of the festival dates and get to decide who will receive them. Thanks to this easy to use option, the app can become a powerful tool to reach your users, so don't be afraid to get creative with it!
Here's how to send a push notification:
- In the left-panel, click on Communicate.
- Then click "Push notification"
- Then click on "Send a push notification"
- Write down the message you want to send. If your app is in two languages, the message that the users will receive will depend on the language they chose.
- If you wish, choose where the user will be redirected after tapping the push message (a menu section in the app, a specific artist, a show, an external url…)
- Click Send and you're done!
Scheduled and Target your push notification
- Schedule: Since we know you're going to be busy caught up in a festival whirlwind, you can plan your push messages in advance. Just pick the date and time you want your message to be sent and the system will do the rest of the job for you!
- Target: Target the people who'll receive the notification - A specific artist is signing autographs somewhere? You can choose to only inform the users who've added that artist as a favourite. Our CMS will only send notifications to those specific people without spamming the others.
Limit number of recipient
If you have chosen the option in your plan, you can choose to send notifications to only to a limited number of people. This is an option called "Limit number of recipients" and it's mostly useful for times such as if you want to organise a contest or giveaway for your festival goers or for a sponsor message.
If this has been activated, you will see this option when you go to send your push. You can select the check box next to "Maximum number of recipients (randomly selected)" and then fill out a number eg. 50. This means when you send the push, it will be sent to only 50 recipients and not to your entire user base.
Please sign in to leave a comment.