As we explained in the About app marketing article, it shouldn’t be underestimated. There are a lot of ways you can promote your phone app, and it all comes down to your preferences and inspiration, but here are a few ideas to get you started.
Most necessary – Where to start.
Some marketing campaigns are more complicated than others to implement. Here are the three places where you should absolutely have at least some sort of mention of the app.
- Social media. Most people that want info on your festival are going to follow you on different social networks, so it should be the starting point. More on that in our Social media guide here.
- Your website. Because your app is an integral part of your festival, there should be a mention of it on your website. Ideally, there could be a whole page dedicated to it, explaining its purpose, how it works and where to download it. You could also have a pop-up ad, just like the example above. In any case, the path to follow to find the info should be intuitive to the user.
- The festival site. It’s never too late to get people to download your app! A few signs or mentions of it on the various physical info (pamphlets, posters, programs…) you have on site should do the job.
How to advertise - Resources and content ideas.
- Detection script have the potential to greatly improve your downloads. By installing THIS script in your HTML homepage, a pop-up will appear on the device of users that check the page from their phone.
- You can also use badges that redirect to app store/google play download pages. Here is where to find some for Android and for Apple.
- You can use QR codes in lots of different ways. Put them anywhere you have room and where people are going to see it. Tickets are a good example. Without taking up too much space, you could put them on the back where a lot of people are going to see it.
- Use a microsite. By clicking here, you can find a page that showcases your app in a very simple, fun and visual way.
- Create incentives for attendees to download the app, like contests, giveaway or content that would only be available in the app.
Where to advertise – When you really want people to download the app.
- Festival tickets. Everyone is bound to look at their ticket at some point. If you incorporate a mention or an ad for the app on them, you can easily reach a lot of people.
- 404 pages. They’re often very boring. Adding an ad for your phone app can make it useful.
- Some festivals require their attendees to download the app to have access to the festival. It’s not marketing, but a very sure way to get downloads.
Please sign in to leave a comment.